more python evangelising...

Remco Gerlich scarblac-spamtrap at pino.selwerd.nl
Wed Jun 28 04:25:05 EDT 2000

Erik Ableson wrote in comp.lang.python:
> Just to confuse things:
>
> We are talking about MS - and they're more interested in making money in
> training packages, ms certification programs, etc.  It stands to reason that
> they have no interest in an open source product that they don't have the
> ability to change arbitrarily to ensure that everyone in the corporate world
> is sent on MS Certified retraining courses.

Actually, they *can* do just that, because of its open sourceness. Nothing is
stopping them from taking Python, maybe improving its Windows support (they
can probably do a little better than Pythonwin since they built Windows,
although their effort would probably be more irritating...), and release it
as "MS Python"[1]. I just hope that *if* they do that, they won't break
compatibility and cross platform support, but they usually do...

[1] Or even Visual Python...
Remco Gerlich,  scarblac at pino.selwerd.nl

   This is no way to be
     Man ought to be free      -- Ted Bundy