Static python on AIX

Vladimir Marangozov Vladimir.Marangozov at inrialpes.fr
Wed Jun 14 20:12:22 EDT 2000

Franck Goubioud - SERMA/LENR wrote:

> I'm trying to use Python on AIX.
> I'm trying to build a static executable with my modules and with the
> Numerical extension.
> The makefile builds it, but with an error message wich is:
>
> The file access permissions do not allow the specified action.
> /usr/local/lib/python1.5/config/makexp_aix[41]:
> /usr/local/lib/python1.5/config/python.exp: 0403-005 Cannot create the
> specified file.
>
> And the executable fails on the "import Numeric" instruction.
> On other platforms, there is no problems.

>From the above description, it's hard to tell what the problem is,
except that there is an access rights problem. When building the
interpreter, there are some temporary files that need to be written
to disk. You're probably trying to rebuild the interpreter once it is
installed in a place where you don't have privileges to write files.

Are you building from source? Some more info on the building context
might help us to give you a hint.

       Vladimir MARANGOZOV          | Vladimir.Marangozov at inrialpes.fr