zope, python vs apache, perl

andres at corrada.com andres at corrada.com
Mon Jun 26 22:05:47 EDT 2000

On Thu, Jun 22, 2000 at 08:02:10AM +0000, amitr at w-o-i.com wrote:
> I want to evaluate zope, python vs apache, perl.
>
> which one can be used where!
> strong points and pitfalls.

I would not put Apache in opposition to Zope, and Python. I use Apache to
serve Zope pages instead of Zope's built-in ZServer.

My experience with Zope was that it had a very steep initial learning curve.
It utilizes DTML tags that may trick Python users into thinking that they
can use straight Python but that is not the case. However, I now use Zope
exclusively to build web sites and find that I have become accustomed to the
Zopisms that made life at the beginning quite difficult.

Andres Corrada-Emmanuel   Email: andres at corrada.com