ANNOUNCE: early alpha Quixote Web development tool

Andrew M. Kuchling akuchlin at mems-exchange.org
Thu Jun 8 16:46:12 EDT 2000

Jan Decaluwe <jand at easics.be> writes:
> - Didn't find the doc subdirectory mentioned in the README file.

Oops!  I've made a new tarball that fixes this, and also copied the
three files in that directory (INSTALL, ptl.txt, ZPL.txt)
into http://www.mems-exchange.org/exchange/software/files/quixote/ .

> - It seems the top-level package should be placed in a 'quixote'
>   directory, but this is not explicitly documented. Very good
>   that all the code is put into a package (unlike the Zope components).

Running setup.py should handle this for you, though, and install the
modules correctly in a 'quixote' directory.

> One thing I'm using from Zope is Persistent objects - objects
> that are automatically written and restored from disk in response
> to requests. (However, I'm completely confused about the continuing

We're planning to use the ZODB, and eventually ZEO on top of the ZODB.
ZODB's interface is quite natural and transparent to a Python
programmer.  No need to reinvent *that* wheel, at least for our
project's needs.

  "You? What are you?"
  "Me? Lady, I'm your worst nightmare -- a pumpkin with a gun."
  -- The Furies and Mervyn, in SANDMAN #66: "The Kindly Ones:10"