win python and graphics

Tim Roberts timr at probo.com
Thu Jun 8 00:40:33 EDT 2000

matt <matt at virtualspectator.com> wrote:

>Hi, I pretty much only use Linux, but have to do some things on windows.  In
>particular I need to take screen shots of the desktop or particular windows.  I
>would like do this using python rather than in borland C++.  Can anyone help out
>here ?

Not in straight python, even with the Win32 extensions.  You can locate
windows and even get a DC, but the necessary GDI calls aren't available.

If you're willing to include a manual step, it might be possible.  The
PrntScrn key on PC keyboards takes a snapshot of the current desktop to the
clipboard, from which many graphics apps can process it.  Alt-PrntScrn
snapshots the topmost window to the clipboard.
- Tim Roberts, timr at probo.com
  Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.