Python complements C++ for productivity

Courageous jkraska1 at san.rr.com
Wed Jun 21 16:41:03 EDT 2000

John Schmitt wrote:

> When I first opened Pythonwin, I used the Python/Perl phrasebook.  Very
> useful to me.  I don't know the STL very well (I don't even know what the
> SWIG is) so I couldn't write one, but how hard would be to write a Python
> <-> C++/STL phrasebook?

Well, while there is much more to the STL these days than
in its early years, in many ways the STL is about containers,
and iterating over them. While in C++, this is a complicated
subject matter, in Python, it's not.

There are really only "two and a half" container classes
in Python:

Dictionaries,
Lists (which are analagous to C++ vectors),
and Tuples (which are immutable lists).

I haven't seen any of these phrase books, but Python is just
soooo easy. There's really not much to it.

C/