pyc -> py can i transform it?

Michael Hudson mwh21 at cam.ac.uk
Fri Jun 9 08:48:01 EDT 2000

Frank Panse <panse at muk.tu-darmstadt.de> writes:

> Can I transform pyc files to py files?

There's decompyle at

http://www.csr.uvic.ca/~aycock/python/content.html#de-about

(good google-able name, that one).

Writing a decompiler using my bytecodehacks package is one of my
perpetual projects, but I'd advise quite strongly against holding your
breath until I finish it...

It's not exactly hard to use `dis' and write equivalent code to any
given module, but it's not exactly fun either.

Cheers,
M.

--
  There are 'infinite' number of developed artifacts and one cannot
  develop appreciation  for them all.  It would be all right to not