GTK broke things! Re: float does not parse '0.000000E+00'

Gareth McCaughan Gareth.McCaughan at pobox.com
Sun Jun 4 17:53:17 EDT 2000

Paolo Redaelli wrote:

> I was WRONG!
> GTK broke things in a way I can't even wonder HOW....
> I attack here two version. One functions and the other not. Little
> problem. The ONLY difference detween them is a "import gtk" at the
> beginning. Delete this line and it functions!!!!

Ah, that would explain why it worked for me. I removed
the "obviously" irrelevant imports at the start.

What you actually did at the start was not "import gtk"
but "from gtk import *". That puts everything into your
global namespace. Maybe gtk defines "float" or something
of the kind.

Gareth McCaughan  Gareth.McCaughan at pobox.com
sig under construction