Standalone http server, cgi software?

Michael Ströder michael at stroeder.com
Wed Jun 14 03:44:52 EDT 2000

"Edward C. Jones" wrote:

> I am a fairly experienced Python programmer but when it comes to
> http servers, etc, I am a newbie. I would like to be able to fill
> out an html form, press the submit button, and execute a Python
> program with data from the form.

Use the module cgi for processing the form data. There is an easy
example in the docs of the Python lib.

> httpserver
> [..]
> keywords
> [..]
> standalong cgi server python forms.

Do you really need a stand-alone server? If yes, why? If you're
looking for persistent web application programming you have to face
several other problems like secure session managment, concurreny
etc.

For a really full-blown web application environment the standard
answer is http://www.zope.org.

Ciao, Michael.