Python so far

Aahz Maruch aahz at netcom.com
Mon Jun 19 10:39:00 EDT 2000

In article <8il8hg$bfn$1 at newsy.ifm.liu.se>,
Paul Svensson <paul at svensson.org> wrote:
>Ken Seehof <kens at sightreader.com> writes:
>>
>>LOC (lines of code) is also a measure of programmer output.  The idea is
>>that you evaluate your programmers by the sheer quantity of code they
>>crank out.  The one who cranks out the most lines of code per week is
>>clearly the best programmer (yeah right!).  Anyway, it is sometimes used
>>as a rough extimate of productivity.
>
>Very rough;
>like estimating the productivity of a welder by the amount of acetylene used.

Hey!  That's a good one.  Mind if I stick this in my .sig file:

"Using LOCs as a measure of programmer productivity is like estimating the
productivity of a welder by the amount of acetylene used."
--Paul Svensson, comp.lang.python
--
                      --- Aahz (Copyright 2000 by aahz at netcom.com)

Hugs and backrubs -- I break Rule 6

"The only problem with Microsoft is they just have no taste." --Steve Jobs
(From _Triumph of the Nerds_ PBS special)