python email system help

The Commonwealth Group tcgsales at tcgfinancial.com
Fri Jun 23 12:46:04 EDT 2000

Hi, Im an 18 year old network kid, who knows nothing about programming.
I accidently made a suggestion at a meeting and now I must implement
that suggestion, and I know nothing about progamming.  I need to write
this program by Monday.  I started learning python about a month ago,
but I've been too busy to make real progress. I need to write a program
that:
1st, dial internet,(if busy, or someone else is using, dial again later)

2nd, get email for several accounts and put on local file server

I'm not sure If I will be dialing from winNT or Linux yet(not sure if
what OS I'm dialing from makes a difference).  Also, I need this program
to also be instantly executable if someone needs to get their mail that
instant.  Also, can I write the email program in a fahion so that after
retrieving the mail, there are still full email copies on the server.  I
would aappreciate if someone that isn't busy this weekend could sort of
guide me in writing this, maybe via irc, multiple news postings, emails,
or others.  Or if someone is real nice, they could write it for me.
Thanks for the attention and help.  Regardless of if I get help or not,
I have to have this by Monday and I'd rather not pull my hair out trying
to write something in a language I don't know.  Its like trying to have
a conversation in a foreign language you don't know.
Jason Toy
gee308 at mediaone.net
btw, the name you see for this posting is the work name, so you can gind
me as toy or through email.  Thanks again.