Python module for Dbase files?

William Dandreta wjdandreta at worldnet.att.net
Wed Jun 21 16:25:24 EDT 2000

Hi Anders,

>Do you REALLY need to use dBASE? Are you interacting with some other
>programs that uses the same database?

I don't really need to use Dbase but I need something that works with DOS
and is platform independent.

I found XBase which is an open source C++ database library that uses dbase
data structures and is platform independent. If Python does not already have
Dbase access, I guess I will have to figure out how to put a Python wrapper
around Xbase.

>Maybe you could use SWIG to create a Python module for using it.
>If you're not in a hurry I could maybe do it, but not until late
>august.

What is SWIG?