python optimization

h__l at my-deja.com h__l at my-deja.com
Fri Jun 23 13:34:59 EDT 2000

In article <8iu7t0$5jg$1 at slb7.atl.mindspring.net>,
  aahz at netcom.com (Aahz Maruch) wrote:
> >I know of -O0  <turns it off?>
> >and also -O2 <default it seems for the RPM I d/l for python 1.5>
>
> Nope, -00 should be the same as -02; they both strip docstrings from
> .pyc files for slightly faster loading (but not execution).  That's it
> for optimizations.  (Unfortunately, I can't find docs for this right
> now; I'm not even sure that -O2 is legal.)

Well what I  have done is recompiled the python interpreter it would
seem.  This SHOULD be valid with optimizations turned on in full but
only for the interpreter as it is done with gnu gcc.  Unfortunately
after installing the recompiled interpreter I seem to have lost zope
which I was running on and off.  Now I am trying to fix that by redoing
the interpreter in -O2 as it was before (with no luck I might add).
LOL, how's that for optimization?

hmmm so far I feel I am barking up the wrong tree.

ME

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.