SAP R/3 and Python ?

Aahz Maruch aahz at netcom.com
Fri Jun 23 10:52:15 EDT 2000

In article <8ivsoe$7gu$1 at news1.wdf.sap-ag.de>,
Joerg Wegener <joerg.wegener at sap.com> wrote:
>"Aahz Maruch" <aahz at netcom.com> wrote in message
>news:8ivqtr$oo8$1 at nntp9.atl.mindspring.net...
>>
>> Disclaimer: I know little about R/3, too.
>>
>> IIRC, R/3 uses a database backend.  At worst, it should be possible for
>> you to dump data directly into R/3 as long as you're careful to follow
>> the virtual schema.
>
>By all means, do NOT attempt this! SAP introduced an additional layer of
>indirection between its applications and the database. The logical structure
>is stored an the ABAP Dictionary, a data dictionary. Applications access the
>database using the definitions found there.

<grin>  Yet another application of Aahz's Rule:

The best way to get information on Usenet is not to ask a question,
but to post the wrong information.  --Aahz

Do note, please, that I was careful to say "virtual schema"; I know that
SAP does not have a direct correspondence with the underlying DB.
--
                      --- Aahz (Copyright 2000 by aahz at netcom.com)

Hugs and backrubs -- I break Rule 6

Why don't they make poppasmarts or didjeridon'ts?  --Aahz