Speed with Python

Richard Chamberlain richard_chamberlainNOriSPAM at ntlworld.com.invalid
Wed Jun 28 10:22:51 EDT 2000

>> Given the same amount of development time, a python GUI is
likely to appear faster and smoother than the equivalent C++ GUI
because the python programmer has enough time to be clever.

Absolutely.

A while back I developed a gui in vb to an sql database. I
needed to make some changes which were significant in terms of
vb but trivial in python so I implemented a COM server and did
the database calls via odbc. I was actually very suprised with
the overall speed.

So I recently converted the whole application into Python with
Tkinter. It runs slightly faster than my original application,
mainly due to me having the time to be clever about it.

Richard

Got questions?  Get answers over the phone at Keen.com.
Up to 100 minutes free!
http://www.keen.com