PyThreadState_Get error with C extension module

Thomas Freytag freytag at szs.ira.uka.de
Wed Jun 21 03:37:27 EDT 2000

Hi all,

I still have a problem getting Python 1.6 alpha 2 to run on Windows NT,
in particular my own C extension modules. I have compiled the
python16.dll and the
python.exe by using the supplied Visual C++ project file from the
PCbuild directory
and all succeeds without a complaint. I also managed to compile my
extension module
which accesses a library of C functions implementing a Petri net
simulator engine.
But when I try to import my module, I receive the error message  "Fatal
Python error:
PyThreadState_Get: no current thread" and the interpreter crashes.
What's wrong ? Note that my module has been working for years under
Python 1.5.x and
doesn't use any threading. Its interface complies with the standard
interface given in the
example_nt directory. Under Linux it worked fine without changing a line
of code when
switching from Python 1.5  to 1.6.
Any hints ?

Thomas
Thomas Freytag                         Phone:         +49 721 608 4301
University of Karlsruhe - SZS          Fax:             +49 721 697377
D-76128 Karlsruhe / Germany            Email:   freytag at szs.ira.uka.de
WWW homepage:                  http://szswww.ira.uka.de/people/freytag
PGP private key:    http://szswww.ira.uka.de/people/freytag/pubkey.asc