postgreSQL successes (Interbase?)

Eric Lee Green eric at estinc.com
Thu Jun 29 17:20:57 EDT 2000

Norman Shelley wrote:

> Have you looked at Interbase (newly made OpenSource)?

Interbase is not yet Open Source. An item posted on their web site seems to
imply it won't be until the fall that it is Open Sourced -- if it actually
happens. I'm not holding my breath.

I believe we looked at the (non-Open Source) version briefly and found that it
would not work on some of the embedded platforms where we required it (such
as, e.g., network appliances based upon non-Intel processors with BSD-based
operating systems). That ruled it out.

Eric Lee Green                         eric at estinc.com
Software Engineer                      Visit our Web page:
Enhanced Software Technologies, Inc.   http://www.estinc.com/
(602) 470-1115 voice                   (602) 470-1116 fax