Which linux distros have Python by default?

Juanjo Álvarez jajs at NOSPAMretemail.es
Thu Jun 15 23:27:01 EDT 2000

Kalle Svensson dijo sobre Re: Which linux distros have Python by default?,
en fecha: Thu, 15 Jun 2000 23:45:45 +0200

|On Wed, 14 Jun 2000, Moshe Zadka wrote:
|> Pretty soon, everyone will want to have Python to use ESR's CLM2, a
|> configuration utility for the the kernel written in Python/Curses.
|> Tkinter is a different matter though
|
|But CLM2 isn't going to be standard for a while yet, not before 2.6, I
|think. Not counting development kernels, that is. But they're not
|installed by default, right? :)

|OK, I'm not sure about this one, I admit. I don't even know how the
|flamewars ended on the mailing list, but there was some resistance, and it
|seems like a big change to a kernel that's supposed to be close to
|release.

Yes, but my bet is that 2.4 kernel is still 2-3 months away, and on the
last post on the subject ESR says CML2 is nearly as functional as CML1.

Considering that the kernel configuration tool is not as critical as the
other parts (it won't wipe out your filesystem), I wouldn't be surprised to
see it in 2.4.