Palm Python?

Christian Tismer tismer at tismer.com
Sun Jun 4 14:45:58 EDT 2000

David Broadwell wrote:

> > Not that this exactly belongs in a python ng but I'm told the
> > only usable onboard programming environment is quartus, an ansi
> > forth system by Neal Bridges.
>
> Actually forth is the bios level language of the chip, before palm os
> loads. Just like a sparc, only smaller. Nope it dosen't really belong
> here, but is an option for the palm people. Still given the option of
> python of forth, i'll take python. (i used to know forth)

I'm supporting the Python port to Palm, of course.
In the long term, and if I can find the time, I'd
really love to rewrite Python completely in Forth.
That would really fit the machine, and it would
introduce Python in completely new areas.
One idea is to adopt the OTA standard which
you can find at http://www.europay.com .

I admit that this is a huge project. But I'm in
the MI5T (Mission Impossible 5oftware Team) and they
can do the impossible :-)