ActiveX scripting - does it work?

Joe Smith JoeSmith at bogusaddress.com
Fri Jun 9 18:01:17 EDT 2000

I have the following file hello.wsf:
<package>
<job id="testp">
<?job debug="true"?>
<script language="python">
import sys
print 'hello world'
print 'line 2'
</script>
</job>
</package>

It prints out " hello world" (notice beginning space).  It does not print
out "line 2".
Then cscript crashes and brings up the "Application Error" dialog box
because it memory at 0x00000024 was referenced.
Then I see a VC++ run time error dialog box "abnormal program termination".
Then I see "Fatal Python error: PyEval_ReleaseThread: wrong thread state" in
the console window.

I have no problem getting python to execute in ASP pages.  Is it possible to
use python in one of these wsf files?  If so, are there any examples?