readlines() question

L Stewart liam at gpu.srv.ualberta.ca
Sat Jun 10 00:43:27 EDT 2000

Thank you all for your answers! Now I have another one :)

Moshe Zadka <moshez at math.huji.ac.il> wrote:
> [Aahz]
> > Yes, it's closed.  The anonymous object created by open() gets
> > deallocated after the assignment; part of the cleanup is to silently
> > call close().

> While what Aahz said can't be said to be untrue, it's hard to call it
> true, either. That is what happens in the *current* *CPython*
> implementation. In no way does the language require it, and specifically,
> for JPython, it is not true.

Again just out of curiosity, what does JPython do? (CPython is the
standard python distribution or another one?)

But-that-was-two-questions-ly yours,

Liam

--
Liam Stewart
E-Mail: liam at ualberta.ca

"It is not enough to be busy, so are the ants. The question is: what are
we busy about?"
-Henry David Thoreau