Using python with Corba

Christopher Browne cbbrowne at news.hex.net
Thu Jun 8 22:13:17 EDT 2000

Centuries ago, Nostradamus foresaw a time when Thaddeus L. Olczyk
would say:
>On 13 Apr 2000 09:36:19 +0200, Jon K Hellan <hellan at acm.org> wrote:
>>"Fanny Yeung" <fannyy at idmail.com> writes:
>>> Hi everybody,
>>>
>>> I am new python and I am particular interest in use python with corba. After
>>> some research, I find out omniOrb provide interface 'omniOrbpy'. Any one
>>> know where I can find it ?
>>
>>http://www.uk.research.att.com/omniORB/omniORB.html
>>
>>> Also, besides omniOrb2, is there any other Corba that Python can use ?
>>
>>Fnorb is almost pure Python.
>>
>>ILU does a lot of languages.
>>
>>ORBit is extremely fast.
>>
>>> Anyone know TAO can be used in Python ?
>>
>>Don't think so. But a Python ORB can interoperate with TAO.
>>
>>Regards
>>
>>Jon Kare
>
>They are supposed to but (sigh ) most orbs have many parts of the
>standard unimplemented yet. Do you know if Fnorv,ILU, OmniORb
>or ORBit (didn't know ORbit supported python) can interoperate with
>TAO?

I can't speak for TAO and ORBit, but there are not one, but _TWO_
implementations of "ORBit support for Python."

<http://theopenlab.uml.edu/pyorbit/>
<http://projects.sault.org/orbit-python/>

I prefer the latter, but have gotten both to function...
--
aa454 at freenet.carleton.ca - <http://www.hex.net/~cbbrowne/corba.html>
Warning: Dates in calendar are closer than they appear.