Problems with COM

Jean-Louis Couturier jean-louis.replacebylastname at ixiasoft.com
Wed Jun 14 10:34:54 EDT 2000

> What does the SearchDocuments function look like ?
It is a function for our product called the TeXtML Server which stores and
indexes XML documents.  It has two arguments : a string (the query) and a
VARIANT (that should become a ResultSpace).  The  ResultSpace accesses a
twin object on the server.  This makes it improper to let a ResultSpace be
created out of the context of the SearchDocuments function.  The return
value of the function is a code indicating how the search went.

> Couldn't you just create the object in that function, and
> then return object.count to the calling function ?
>From what I understand, the object IS created in the function.  I just don't
know what parameter to give the function and get a resultSpace in return.

Jean-Louis Couturier
Developer
Ixiasoft

news:M_B15.88$18.48718 at pouncer.easynews.com...