Microsoft's C# (Sharp) & .NET -- A Heads Up

Randall Hopper aa8vb at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 27 13:12:59 EDT 2000

Don Tuttle:
 |Here's the link
 |http://www.msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/nextgen/technology/csharpintro.asp
 |
 |I look forward to you comments.

Thought I'd give it a read.  Their doc links:

     Introduction to C#
     C# Language Reference

are to DOS .EXE-wrapped .ZIP packages of MSWord DOC files.  Another
MSWin-only thing?  They're off to a good start.  Someone needs to introduce
Bill and MSResearch to PDF.

Fortunately Sun StarOffice coupled with ps2pdf will get you there.

Up-top:
   |No part of this document may be reproduced, stored in or introduced into
   |a retrieval system, or transmitted in any form or by any means
   |(electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording, or otherwise), or for
   |any purpose, without the express written permission of Microsoft
   |Corporation.
   |
   |Microsoft may have patents, patent applications, trademarks,
   |copyrights, or other intellectual property rights covering subject
   |matter in this document. Except as expressly provided in any written
   |license agreement from Microsoft, the furnishing of this document does
   |not give you any license to these patents, trademarks, copyrights, or
   |other intellectualproperty.

We're heading for a real open standard here.  They say I violated copyright
at least three times by downloading it to disk, unzipping it, and again by
printing it.

Enough time spent on this for now.

If there are any embrace-and-extend goodies in C#, I have faith that
someone in the Python community will find them and bring them to us.

--
Randall Hopper
aa8vb at yahoo.com