Regular Expressions and Threads?

Brian Wisti wbrian2 at uswest.net
Wed Jun 14 20:11:08 EDT 2000

Aahz Maruch wrote:

> I doubt your problem has to do with threads; I bet that if you took your
> code and ran it unthreaded you would have the same problem.  From your
> description, it sounds like you have a list variable that you're
> appending to and not resetting after you do the string.join().  If
> that's not it, I don't have any better ideas without code.
> --

You may be correct... however, the only way I was able to fix the
problem was with an ugly hack:

	re._cache.clear()

Ugly because it's undocumented, and that means I should keep my grubby
little paws away from it. Ugly or not, once I put this line in,
everything has gone peachy.

I did follow your advice, though, and it cleaned up a few minor bugs in
the program.  Thanks for the reminder!

Later,
Brian Wisti

| "All you need is ignorance and confidence; then success is sure."  |
|                                                    - Mark Twain    |