Example of Python code (C code to Python code)

Ken Seehof 12klat at sightreader.com
Tue Jun 6 22:55:46 EDT 2000

That's easy.  Just delete all variable declarations and puctuation.

TaxRate=.23
MinPay=300
RegHours=40

def main():
    TaxPayable=0
    Overtime=0
    OvertimeHours=0

    HoursWorked = input("Please enter the hours worked per week? ")
    PayRate = input("\nPlease enter the rate of pay? ")

    if HoursWorked>RegHours:
        OvertimeHours =HoursWorked-RegHours
        Overtime = (OvertimeHours)*(PayRate*1.5)

    GrossPay = ((HoursWorked-OvertimeHours)*PayRate)+Overtime

    if (GrossPay>MinPay):
        TaxPayable = (GrossPay-MinPay)*TaxRate

    NetPay = (GrossPay-TaxPayable)

    print "\nThe gross pay is %f" % GrossPay
    print "The net pay is %f" % NetPay

main()

The gross pay is 85.000000
The net pay is 85.000000