Bindings for game library

Chris Armstrong punck at PenguinMints.cx
Wed Jun 28 06:51:15 EDT 2000

Hey all, been a while since i've posted.. Anyway, I've recently been
getting into game coding with C++, but I'd really love to get back to
Python. If anyone can recommend (for instance) a library with Py bindings
that can support some intense 2d sprite rendering,  I'd be real happy.

Also, I'm planning on (eventually) having a game project similar to Dink
Smallwood (www.rtsoft.com/dink, it's a graphical adventure/RPG game) -
well, similar in that it is completely modular, and each game object has a
script associated with it. Can anyone seriously say Python would be fast
enough (depending on the game library of course) to render several sprites
to the screen at once along with having a LOT of scripts (one or more for
each object) running, all at the same time? I've been thinking about doing
the actual core in C++ and ClanLib, and then just using Python for the
scripting, but I'd love it if I could do it all in Py.

--
There is a 90% chance that this message was written when the author's been
up longer than he should have. Please disregard any senseless drivel.