Module index information in machine readable form?

Konrad Hinsen hinsen at cnrs-orleans.fr
Mon Jun 19 04:31:38 EDT 2000

Jonathan Epstein <Jonathan_Epstein at nih.gov> writes:

> Is there any way to obtain the module information (module names and the
> names of their methods) in a form which is suitable for machine
> processing?  I am interested in processing this data into a form which

Yes, try Pythondoc (www.python.org, then SIGs, then DocSig). It is
advertised for extracting docstrings, but even without docstrings
it returns useful information about the contents of a module,
and that in a machine-friendly XML format. And it's even rather easy
to add a formatter for some another format if that's more convenient
for you.
Konrad Hinsen                            | E-Mail: hinsen at cnrs-orleans.fr