DB API 2.0 - dictionary fetch ?

jonan at callisia.com jonan at callisia.com
Fri Jun 23 15:47:21 EDT 2000

Hello,

    I am wondering if the 2.0 db api provides a method for returning
    a dictionary of results instead of a list ? Something like
    perl-DBI's fetch_hashref .

    I am using the latest MySQLdb and it mentions a fetchalldict method
    in the tutor examples, though the method is non-existant when put
    to use. The source MySQLdb.py has comment of fetchXXX depracated
    just above the fetchalldict, so is it gone ?

    The very sparse documentation and db api spec also mention different
    cursor classes which maybe is the way to do it ? Im using
    my own function to make the dictionary but it would be nice
    if it was in the API.

 Thanks,
--
-Jonan Santiago