Problem with Python/ASP/COM?

Christian Fedtke cef at vnet.de
Thu Jun 8 20:10:12 EDT 2000

Hello,
 I try to run a ASP site with Pythoncode in it.
 The Pythoncode queries a database via COM, does some
 formatting, etc. Sometimes the ASP-Application
 crashes and stops all Sites on the server.
 After that the Sites can not be started again,
 i have to reboot the machine.

 The System is:
 NT4
 IIS4
 Python 1.52
 Pythonwin Build 129

 I try to find out where the error occurs but
 i dont understand the error message in the
 event log.

 An object call caused an exception.
 (IID: {51372AEF-CAE7-11CF-BE81-00AA00A2FA25})
 (Method: 3)
 (Microsoft Transaction Server Internals
 Information:
 File: i:\viper\src\runtime\mtxex\activity.cpp,
 Line: 889)
 (Exception: C0000005) (Address: 0x1e2a2ea9)
 pythoncom15!PyCom_HandlePythonFailureToCOM(struct
 tagEXCEPINFO *) + 0x69
 ole32!DllGetClassObject + 0x77
 ole32!CoCreateInstance + 0x6A
 asp + 0x23991