Ruby -- A better OO Perl than Perl? Python 3000 features available now?

Shae Erisson shapr at uab.edu
Wed Jun 7 09:48:01 EDT 2000

Conrad Schneiker wrote:

<snip>
I agree with an earlier reply, stop trolling, this is comp.lang.python,
not comp.lang.recruiting. If ruby is a good language, it will get people
interested on its own merits.

I've already looked at ruby, the main things that I didn't like are:
lack of first class functions, 'end' is required to end a function, and
ruby isn't as explicit as Python (it seems to me to cater somewhat to
P*** people).

For me and my programming style, Python is a better fit than Ruby.
--
sHae mAtijs eRisson (sHae at wEbwitchEs.coM) gEnius fOr hIre
   bRing mE fIve sQuirrels aNd nO oNe wIll gEt hUrt