SV: Python Productivity over C++

Thomas Thiele thiele at muc.das-werk.de
Tue Jun 13 08:14:27 EDT 2000

NO!

I think the more complex the program is the more C++ is the better choice.

It is very easy and fast to write short effective programs with python.
But in larger programs a lot of time is spend for developing and testing the
algorithm.

And I think using C++ is faster because the compilation time is relativly small
compared with the
whole time for program developing. And the the additional time to program the
nice
pythonfeatures (like dictionaries, lists etc.) in C++ is also very small. In
large programs
 the disadvatages of python (like rumtime errors instead of compiler errors,
typemismatch,
functions defined twice...) dominates.