Python vs Perl

Thomas Wouters thomas at xs4all.net
Mon Jun 19 10:24:06 EDT 2000

On Mon, Jun 19, 2000 at 09:18:39AM +0000, Andy Leighton wrote:

> >* Python is more object-oriented than Perl

> In what way?  Admittedly Python programmers tend to use OO code more than
> Perl programmers.  But I believe that is mainly due to culture.

That may be so, but then it's interesting to see that even the Perl culture
agree with that statement ;) Many a perl hacker has commented on the fact
that Perl OO concepts are 'bolted on'. Also, extending Python is a pleasant,
very object-oriented experience (heck, *altering* [C]Python is a pleasant
experience), which can't be said of Perl.

(Except perhaps in relation to, ooh, C or assembler ;-)

--
Thomas Wouters <thomas at xs4all.net>