getting a URL

Jeremy Hylton jeremy at beopen.com
Fri Jun 9 11:43:54 EDT 2000

johnvert at my-deja.com writes:

> But nothing is printed.  The problematic line seems to be:
>
> url = urllib.urlopen("http://www.server.org/foo.html")
>
> But the URL I gave it in the actual program is correct.  I tried a few.
> If I run this on the shell (it's meant to be a cgi) it raises IOError
> sayin 'network unreachable'.  What could be wrong?

The network is unreachable <wink>.  The error message means that the
operating system could not figure out how to deliver packets to the
address you used.  Where you able to load the URL using your Web
browser?  I would guess that your network connection had some problem,
or that the end site was unreachable.

Jeremy