Python under VMware/NT?

Barry A. Warsaw bwarsaw at python.org
Wed Jun 7 01:30:54 EDT 2000

    CR> Has anyone tried running Python in a virtual machine under
    CR> VMware/NT, whether in Linux or NT/2K/9x?

I very briefly ran Linux under NT-native VMware and of course ran
Python inside the Linux vm.  Worked fine.  I had the general
impression that networking was much slower for the entire OS but spent
no time benchmarking or otherwise investigating.  I do plan to play
with NT running inside Linux-native VMware pretty soon, but I don't
expect it to be all that different than running in native NT.

-Barry