ANN: bzip2 module

Oleg Broytmann phd at phd.russ.ru
Thu Jun 1 04:27:06 EDT 2000

On Thu, 1 Jun 2000, eito wrote:
> I would like to announce about a bzip2 module. This is my
> first attempt to write Python module. I really don't know
> how to package, announce, etc... I would appreciate if
> somebody can tell me what is the good way to do this kind
> of thing.

   Packaging - learn to use Distutils (distribution utilities). Currently
it is separate package, but will be included in python 1.6.

   Announcing - watch the best announcements here. Marc Lemburg's
announcements are probably the best of the best. Search some of them on
Deja.com. They are constracted the following way (and after I saw them few
times I started to mimick my announcements the same way):

1. What is it (short).

2. What's new since last announcement (short).

3. Where to get; copyright; licensing terms.

4. Any longer details you want - long description, long what's new, etc...

----
    Oleg Broytmann      Foundation for Effective Policies      phd at phd.russ.ru