Python <--> XML data binding.

Werner Fouche wfouche45 at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 7 00:02:15 EDT 2000

Paul,

I should have mentioned that Breeze reads the extended DTD specification
called DT4DTDs developed by Extensibility -- their XML Authority Editor
can convert many XML schema language dialects to DT4DTDs. DT4DTDs
extend standard DTDs with the data types found in W3C XML Schema
language specification.

It would be easy to support DT4DTDs once you can process standard DTDs.
This is ideally what I am looking for since I want to be able to model XML
document types in XML Authority and then generate Python code from the
specification. In this way the Python code and the XML document definition
can easily be kept in sync.

The biggest benefit of a tool such as what you are developing would be to
quickly and reliable translate industry standard XML document specifications
(say OFX 2.0) to crisp Python code! I am looking forward to the fruits of
your current endevour.

Regards,

Werner

"Paul Prescod" <paul at prescod.net> wrote in message
news:393C6944.2FBCE9B1 at prescod.net...
> Werner Fouche wrote:
> >
> > Does anyone know if a tool exist that will generate Python data binding
code
> > for an XML DTD similar to what Breeze ( http://www.breezefactor.com )
does