adding mail attachments

Grant Edwards ge at nowhere.none
Fri Jun 23 18:28:53 EDT 2000

In article <8ivdl4$90k$1 at supernews.com>, geoff munday wrote:

>OK, I can send mail via the smtplib but am at a loss as how to
>attach files to the Email. Can anyone advise where to look for
>instructions or examples??

Take a look at <ftp://ftp.visi.com/users/grante/stuff/mfetch.py>.

There's a class called SmtpWriter that has a "Message" method
that probably does what you want...

def Message(self,sender="", subject="", recipients=[], body="", attachments=[]):
    if self.__debugLevel > 2:
        sys.stderr.write("SmtpWriter: Building RFC822 message From: %s; Subject: %s; (Length=%d with %d attachments)\n" %
                          (sender, subject, len(body),len(attachments)))
[...]

The MimeWriter library module is where most of the magic
happens...

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  My nose feels like a
                                  at               bad Ronald Reagan movie...