PythonCOM / Word97 error/feature

Mark Hammond mhammond at skippinet.com.au
Wed Mar 8 17:08:37 EST 2000

It may actually be Pythonwin getting too smart with the error lines.
If you double-click on a COM traceback that nominates a help file, it
is opened.  However, I think there has been a bug since the
introduction of Scintilla.  Try deleting the exception line  in the
interactive window!!!  Or try the same thing from python.exe instead
of pythonwin.

Mark.

"Nikolai Kirsebom" <nikolai.kirsebom at siemens.no> wrote in message
news:38c66a09.6616954 at news.mch.sni.de...
> Have a strange observation - could anyone explain what is going on
> (where).
>
> Start PythonWin and using COM start Word97.  Write some text in Word
> and executes the command:
>
> doc.Content()
>
> in the interactive window in PythonWin.  Content is presented ok.
> Then, open the Spelling and Grammar (F7) dialog box in Word.  While
> this dialog box is shown, reenter the same command in PythonWin.
>
> Get the following com-error:
> com_error: (-2146823683, 'OLE error 0x800a11fd', (0, 'Microsoft
Word',