what is easier to learn first?...

Cameron Laird claird at starbase.neosoft.com
Fri Mar 24 16:52:44 CET 2000

In article <oKXB4.2478$nI2.50944 at ptah.visi.com>,
Grant Edwards <nobody at nowhere.nohow> wrote:
>I don't know how many painfully boring hours I spent many years
>ago in a numerical analysis class learning ways of finding
>Eigen values and Eigen vectors.  Something I never had to do
>before or since.  I can only presume that somebody who does
Just as there are different languages for different
minds ...  My own reaction is that computational linear
algebra is so beautiful that rendering it boring should
be a felony.  Personally, I see eigenvalues everywhere--
planting onions, coding HTML, changing flat tires.  I
understand that not everyone shares that perspective.

Given a bit more leisure, I'm sure I can tie this back
in to the Python-for-education threads.  Not this morn-
ing, though.

Cameron Laird <claird at NeoSoft.com>
Business:  http://www.Phaseit.net