Supporting #line directives

Andrew Csillag drew.csillag at starmedia.net
Mon Mar 6 09:54:24 EST 2000

I've lately been using python as a target language for various purposes
and I was wondering if anybody has thought of supporting something like
C's #line directives which would make it possible to (without hacking an
exception renderer to badly) show the lines from the original source
file and not the generated python code.  Looking at the existing code it
would appear to be nontrivial to implement (or a patch would have been
attached <wink>).

Or am I the only one?

TIA,
Drew
--
print(lambda(q,p):'pmt:$%0.2f'%(q*p/(p-1)))((lambda(a,r,n),t:(a*r/
t,pow(1+r/t,n*12)))(map(input,('amt:','%rate:','years:')),1200.0))