Python tutorial/comparison for C++ programmer

Grant Edwards grant at nowhere.
Thu Mar 23 12:41:17 EST 2000

In article <m31z51repu.fsf at atrus.jesus.cam.ac.uk>, Michael Hudson wrote:

>I suppose it could be viewed as competition to VB, but then that's not
>really relavent until Python gets a flashy point n' click GUI, and
>even then, if micorsoft ship Visual Python (tm), how does this impact
>me?

If the language implemented by "MS Visual-Python" isn't 100%
compatible with the official, free version of Python, then life
gets less pleasant.  If you want to write "portable" python,
you had to have some sort pre-processor to sort out the
differences between MSVP and real Python.  We could end up with
library modules that are available for one language and not the
other.

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  Well, O.K. I'll
                                  at               compromise with my