Is it Python or is it C ?

Patrick Phalen python-list at teleo.net
Wed Mar 8 11:19:13 EST 2000

[Emile van Sebille, on Wed, 08 Mar 2000]

:: In which case, doesn't that transform the question to 'which
:: preferred pydioms yield the best performing bytecode?'? <*1>
<snip>
:: *1 <Would you English majors out there tell me if I really
:: need two '?'s at the end there?>

If both the main clause of the sentence and the quotation are
interrogative, only one question mark is used:

"""
In which case, doesn't that transform the question to "which preferred
pydioms yield the best performing bytecode."?
"""
Note that single quotation marks are incorrect. Reserve singles for
quotations nested in other quotations. (Further quotations within the
nested quotation would again use double quotes.)