Duplicates in lists

Aahz Maruch aahz at netcom.com
Thu Mar 9 10:28:34 EST 2000

In article <38C748C7.35162A7B at teleatlas.com>,
Michael Husmann  <michael.husmann at teleatlas.com> wrote:

>is there someone who has an efficient function that finds all
>duplicates in a list?  I used a hash which works quite reasonable but
>maybe there is a better way.

If you're already using a dictionary, you'll only be able to do
micro-optimizations; your basic algorithm is the best available in
Python.  If you want us to show you how to optimize Python code, post
what you've got here.
--
                      --- Aahz (Copyright 2000 by aahz at netcom.com)

Hugs and backrubs -- I break Rule 6

"Along the lines of getting a massage, taking a hot bubble bath, and
swimming in a pool of warm, melted chocolate, can you give me some
innovative ways that you pamper yourself?"
"Spend three hours flaming stupid people on the Net."  --Aahz