Newbie - help in opening and reading a file from >>>

Grant Edwards nobody at nowhere.nohow
Mon Mar 27 05:51:58 CEST 2000

On Sun, 26 Mar 2000 21:17:37 GMT, Jerome Chan <eviltofu at> wrote:
>> I've just installed 1.5 on my Windows 98Se system
>> I'm trying to execute the following-
>> and I get a no such directory or file error
>> Is there some parameter or path that I must set?
>>  Would apprecaite any clues...
>You must escape the \?

Back in the bad old days, I always used forwards slashes when
programming under DOS for just this reason (it also made them
more portable when moving code between DOS, VMS, and Unix).
Does win32 still accept forwards slashes in pathnames the way
DOS used to?

Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  My life is a patio
                                  at               of fun!