Philosophical long integer question...

Grant Edwards grant at nowhere.
Thu Mar 30 18:14:28 CEST 2000

In article <38E23160.B16860C2 at>, Brian Kelley wrote:

>In the same vein as should 1/2 equal 0.5:
>should (1 << 1000) produce a long int?

My vote would be no, but I write embedded, real-time software
most of the time and am used to being constantly aware of the
machine representation of what I'm writing.

Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  My forehead feels
                                  at               like a PACKAGE of moist
                                 CRANBERRIES in a remote
                                                   FRENCH OUTPOST!!