List limitations?

Aahz Maruch aahz at
Thu Mar 23 17:43:47 CET 2000

In article <A63AFB20111ED311AC5500A0C96B7BF5015F0ED9 at>,
Daley, MarkX <markx.daley at> wrote:
>What this does is connect to a server and pull data from it based on each
>family name in the familyname list, using an SQL query.  Conceivably, this
>code should connect to server1 and pull data for all familynames and write
>that data to a file, server_familyname_date.  Then it should connect to
>server2 and do the same.  However, when it connects to server 2, it isn't
>pulling the familynames from the familyname list correctly.  Instead, it is
>pulling single character strings, like a, b, e, g, h, r, S (these are the
>actual strings, which may or may not have some bearing on one of my
>familyname entries, I haven't been able to verify).  Has anyone else seen
>problem remotely related to this?  Any help is appreciated.

Have you tried connecting just to server2?
What happens if you switch server2 and server1?
Have you considered using mxODBC?
                      --- Aahz (Copyright 2000 by aahz at

Androgynous poly kinky vanilla queer het    <*>
Hugs and backrubs -- I break Rule 6

Usenet is not a democracy.  It is a weird cross between an anarchy
and a dictatorship.  --Aahz