Advice requested: GUI project beginning

Brian nospam at noreply.com
Fri Mar 31 01:13:21 EST 2000

> >- Tkinter is flaky on the Mac. For instance it doesn't run in the IDL
> >and it doesn't fully quit.
>
> <sigh> Ain't cross-platform GUI a bitch?

So when is Python going to have a GUI library as tightly bound with it as Tk
is to Tcl and Swing/AWT is to Java?  Is wxWindows heading in that direction?
Seems like having to distribute Tcl/Tk with your Python program to have a
GUI is not the favorite thing for most Python developers.  Unfortunately Tk
is one of the most portable toolkits ... anyone know if Guido has expressed
any interest in wxWindows being the standard Python GUI and distribute
wxWindows with Python?