config'in apache for python

Richard R Urena urena at lessing.oit.umass.edu
Sun Mar 12 17:04:38 EST 2000

Matthew Barre <mbarre at mac.com> writes:
>Yes I'm trying to make it so that when I refer to a cgi script in my cgi bin
>the script is executed instead of being just printed to the browser.

FWIW:

1) I made sure these lines were uncommented in httpd.conf:

<IfModule mod_alias.c>

	ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ "/var/apache/cgi-bin/"

	<Directory "/var/apache/cgi-bin">
		AllowOverride None
		Options None
		Order allow,deny
		Allow from all
	</Directory>

</IfModule>

(this assumes Apache was built with mod_alias, which is
the default)

2) chmod 755 on the scripts themselves (and of course they
	have the #!/usr/bin/python magic in the first line)

This is running Apache 1.3.6 (and up) on Linux