stackless/microthread merge

Warren Postma embed at geocities.com
Thu Mar 2 12:21:28 EST 2000

Thus Spake Christian Tismer:
> This hook is especially for you,
> and you can define its interface.

Wow, what a nice guy! ;-)

This looks like one interesting application of the open-source "all
benefical forks should eventually be folded into the main fork, or failing
that, a whole new product really does need to exist".

I can see stackless+microthread going on to challenge regular python by very
careful optimizations at it's core. I'm seriously going to consider using
this for my embedded control [SCADA, Radio Telemetry] uses, because I think
thread latency is a pretty key part of any complex control system.

I can't wait to see what this looks like when it's finished! :-) Very very
cool!

Warren